There are almost 70 education bills pre-filed for the legislative session that will convene on January 7th:
- Nine would change state policy on academic standards and the annual assessments.
- Ten deal with charter schools, issues like funding, applications, use of district school facilities.
- There are five data privacy bills.
- Six are about education funding, such as adjusting the adequacy formula.
- Four are about operations of the department of education, like requiring hearing or legislative approval before they take actions.
- Four bills would make changes to school building aid. Seven deal with special education funding and policy.
- Two bills are about the State Board of Education.
- And there are many more on everything from early childhood to funding a coordinator of school nurses and the power of school boards to renominate teachers and reassign a student.
Introducing the ANHPE Bill Tracker