Caroline L. French
Harbor Road Dover, NH 03820
Hello Strafford County Democrats:
Because Dover needs a representative on the Strafford County Democratic Committee Executive Board, I am running for the at-large seat recently vacated by Carole Appel. I was initially asked to run by two current board members. I have been politically active since college and have been involved in Dover politics since 2000. In 2001, I was honored with the Jefferson Jackson Award by the NHDP.
Presently, I volunteer at the Rollinsford Public Library and at End 68 Hours of Hunger. The Dover Democrats recognize the role of service and work to help hungry school children by working with End 68 Hours of Hunger. We discretely pack and deliver bags of food for school identified children to bring home for the 68 hour weekend. http://end68hoursofhunger.org/.
Dover has a revitalized Democratic organization. We have a very high success rate for electing state reps and Dover municipal office holders because of the leadership of Wendy Alley, Dover Chair and the Dover Democratic Committee Executive Board.
Computer literacy is a good way to be well-informed. I promote computer skills to seniors I meet through my business and through politics because I believe technology is a way for seniors to be politically active, knowledgeable and connected to their communities. You can friend me on Facebook (Caroline L. French) and find me on Twitter (CarolineLFrench).
I will bring my institutional history, background and interests to the Strafford County Executive Board. If you live in Strafford County and are a registered Democrat, I would appreciate your vote.
Please vote on January 15th at 6:30 pm at the Rochester Community Center, Conference Room #1, 150 Wakefield Street, Rochester, NH. For map and program description, check the Calendar Page of the SCDC website - http://www.straffordcountydemocrats.org/
- Exeter High School, UNH (BA American History), Pratt Institute (MLS)
- Seacoast resident since 5th grade
- Former Durham school librarian and Milton NH 3rd grade teacher
- Self-employed in the antiques business for 45 years, owned Parker-French Antiques Center
- Member of New Hampshire Antiques Dealers Association
- Member of New England Appraisers Association
- Member of Made in New Hampshire
- Life member of NH Historical Society and Woodman Museum
- Member of Historic New England and other museums
- Board member of Isles of Shoals History and Research Association
- Staunch (through thick and thin) Red Sox fan, member Red Sox Nation
- Member of Southern Poverty Law Center
- Employed for 3 years by congressional office of Rep. Carol Shea-Porter (Senior Advisor)
- Board member of Dover Democratic Committee Executive Board
- Member of SCDC Messaging Committee, which produced the “Thank Democrats” bumper stickers